We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Interaction Designer to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio.
The Senior Interaction Designer will be responsible for designing interfaces and defining interaction standards based on user research, business requirements, and technical requirements. They will conceptualize and create designs, prototypes, and specifications to inform and guide development efforts on new features and products.
The Senior Interaction Designer will play a significant role in our software department by setting the design direction and UI standards for our in-house applications. We are seeking creative individuals with experience in Interaction Design, User Experience and Information Architecture, who also have a strong understanding of the technical challenges involved in the design of both desktop and web applications.
- Create simple but elegant visual designs and interaction models that allow users to understand and manage large amount of complex information
- Interact directly with artists and other users and participate actively in user research
- Develop prototypes, storyboards, screen-flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, page mock-ups and written text content to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop, document and maintain design requirements for new products and product enhancements
- Work closely with engineering and production management team members to ensure execution of design requirements
- Be a User Experience evangelist, ensuring business leaders and executives understand the value of UX activities and helping to develop and drive User Experience strategy for in-house applications
- Mentor other staff by providing design guidance and project support
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Graphic Design or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of broad experience in interaction design covering both desktop and web applications as well as an extensive portfolio demonstrating these skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Broad exposure to usability and user experience design via academic training and industry experience
- A thorough and up-to-date knowledge of modern user interface design principles
- Knowledge of human factors, user-centered design processes, interaction design guidelines, usability methodologies, industry standards and trends
- Experience in rapid and iterative design and development processes in an Agile environment
- Prior experience with collaborating with software developers to communicate and drive design implementations