ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (ATD) – LIGHTING & RENDERING
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Technical Director to join the Lighting & Rendering Team at our Burbank, CA studio.
The ATD will support our Technical Directors and other Digital Artists in various aspects of digital production. Under supervision, the ATD may be called upon to execute the following:
- Lighting and compositing
- Shell or Mel scripting
- General support of the rendering pipeline
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, other related field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of and interest in digital lighting and compositing
- Experience with a variety of commercial graphics applications including Maya, Shake and Renderman
- Strong knowledge of Unix or Linux
- General knowledge of MEL script, Perl and/or Python; C/C++ or other coding knowledge a plus
- Experience with shader writing a plus
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment