The Secretary IV position in Casting is an administrative support role covering phones,
scheduling, expenses and other admin duties for the Director, Casting. In addition, the Secretary IV will act as a liaison between multiple groups within WDAS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Answer phones, maintain call sheet, send/receive faxes. Distribute casting memos.
• Schedule and confirm internal and external meetings. Maintain calendar.
• Provide drive on information and instructions to visiting parties and alert security.
• Organize travel itinerary for business trips.
• Open mail and handle office correspondence.
• Create and process expense reports.
• Maintain office supply inventory.
• Collect signed Story Conference Agreements, W9s, I9s with necessary documentation (ie. DL, SS cards and Passport), and CA 590s from actor’s reps and sometimes directly. Generate a payroll voucher, ensure proper processing of payment, and get the check out to the actor.
CASTING SPECIFIC DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Schedule and confirm auditions and actors’ appointments (up to 45/day).
• Coordinate scripts and other audition materials to correspond with actors’ appointments and auditions.
• Organize incoming submissions, actor’s headshots, and project notebooks in the office.
• Maintain current MP3, CD and DVD library in the casting department.
• Assist in pulling appropriate voice samples as requested by producers and directors using one’s vast knowledge of TV/FILM of the last 10 years.
• Isolate voices and cut clips together for pitches using Final Cut/Audacity or another similar software.
• Process SAG and other hire paperwork for day player and scratch deals.
• Schedule, organize and handle payment for scratch recording sessions for projects that are still in development – including contacting talent with logistics.
• Type casting lists. Add appropriate movie, television or theater credits.
• Maintain talent availability lists for each project 1
• Run audition sessions by greeting talent and showing them to the recording room keeping casting director, producers and directors on schedule.
• Maintain relationships and communication with covering agents offices.
• Process House Seat requests for Directors and other Studio Executives for local and NY theater/live events. Provide recommendations, stay in touch with agents/house managers/company managers to ensure that the requests are processed and confirmed in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree – Theater, Film/TV or Communications majors preferred
• 1 year Casting, Agency or Talent Management experience preferred
• Experience digitizing voice samples from audio tape, DVD, online clips & CD and downloading via Audacity or other editing software (ie ProTools) a MUST
• Friendly disposition
• Works well in fast-paced environment
• Self Starter
• Knowledge of L.A. and NY talent agents and managers.
• Working knowledge of software and simple recording equipment
• Creative contribution and working knowledge of TV/Film acting pool
• Willingness to absorb occasional overtime approximately 1-6 hours/week