|Careers in Animation Student Programs Application Guidelines Open Positions FAQs Login|
The Walt Disney Company is world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world.
Walt Disney Animation Studios is seeking a Sr. Media Systems Engineer to join its Burbank, CA studio.
The Media Systems Engineer will work in collaboration with the Media Engineering team at Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS). This person will design complex Audio Visual (AV) systems when needed, assist in the ongoing support/upgrade of existing AV systems throughout the Studio, provide technical support and assistance to the WDAS staff, and work with other technology teams at WDAS to meet the Studio’s challenges.
• Story-Pitch Rooms with integrated, custom AV & data systems
• Video Conference (VTC) and Standard Conference Rooms with integrated systems
• Editorial (Avid Systems and storage)
• Presentation Theaters
• Digital Dailies Rooms / Review Rooms
• AV Machine Rooms / Comm rooms
• Data Center
• Capture (Mocap) Stage, plus event video capture & streaming
• Training Rooms
• “Mobile” Review areas
• Common Areas (Special Events)
• Design, and collaborate to design, new or modified systems for the studio as needed
• Provide technical support and assistance to all relevant departments/areas of WDAS
• Installation, Maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment associated with the various departments at WDAS. This includes professional production AV equipment, Avid Editing systems, Cameras, Digital Cinema Projectors, Video-Teleconference systems, AV control systems, Motion Capture equipment, Media Streaming equipment, Video/Audio Routers, Microphones/Speakers, etc.
• Perform hardware/software upgrades and provide basic training to staff on new features of systems as needed
• Maintain current knowledge of technology related to AV systems at WDAS and beyond
• Assist in the planning and setup of systems for company events
• 5-7 years experience with complex audio/visual systems operation and installation
• Working knowledge of all types of basic consumer and professional video and audio equipment
• Familiarity with professional production equipment such as HDCAM/DVCAM record decks, Audio and Video switchers, DCI projectors, disk-based playback systems, PA Systems, audio processors, digital audio mixers, signal routers, etc.
• Familiarity with high-end Video-Teleconferencing equipment such as Tandberg, Polycom and Haivision
• Recording studio engineering and/or Film Production AV engineering experience
• Avid/Final Cut Pro editing experience
• Familiarity/Experience with advanced IT Network concepts
• AV networking: streaming technology especially multicast IP networking, basic switched networking concepts, standards & troubleshooting for TCP/IP, 10Gb ethernet, NFS & CIFS protocols, DNS, DHCP, and basic toolsets like: ping, ssh, traceroute, telnet, ftp, rsync, and similar tools
• Intermediate programming experience (Python, C++, etc)
• Advanced Mac OS and Windows skills, Intermediate Linux OS skills
• Communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical staff
• Ability to identify and address technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team
• Intermediate color system knowledge including REC709/DCI colorspace fundamentals, video vs full range, gamma encoding, scaling, file formats like EXR, DPX, TIFF, JPEG2000 used in playback & color correction workflow
• Experienced with basic Motion Capture workflow and technology
• Infocomm CTS certification
• AVID ACSR or ACU
• Previous professional IT Experience
• CAD experience
• Control System Programming experience (Crestron, AMX)